Responsible for implementing best practices, process improvements and defining strategy related to the performance and load testing of a variety of application types. Responsible for all phases of performance testing of a variety of application types, including web based applications, web service interfaces, back end server components and third party platforms. Manages multiple projects simultaneously and coordinates with other IT groups to ensure deadlines are met and system performance is acceptable before production implementation.
- Mentors less experienced staff
- Review projects and develop performance testing strategy and plan. Projects will vary in regard to technical environment and level of complexity.
- Utilizes a collaborative approach in communicating performance test plan and strategy to team and leadership. Collaborates with project teams to understand project architecture and business requirements to devise a performance test strategy and test plans.
- Identify resources (personnel, hardware, software, etc.) needed to successfully implement and complete performance testing plans specific to various projects.
- Provide input to supervisor on 360⁰ personnel reviews with focus on technical feedback and aptitude of those being reviewed.
- Helps define and establish new methodologies, frameworks, tools, processes, and best practices particularly around performance testing and contributes both ideas and effort toward continuous improvement.
- Identifies production metrics important to performance/load testing efforts.
- Creates and executes load and performance tests using HP Performance Center.
- Analyzes statistical results for baselines, trends, and anomalies to facilitate problem solving, performance improvements, and reporting.
- Prepares and reports test results both formally and informally. Communicates results information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Maintains and manages performance testing artifacts to ensure proper versioning, backups, organization and retention.
- Conducts and/or participates in peer reviews of test plans and cases to ensure consistency, adequate coverage and risk mitigation.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree.
- Eight (8) years of experience executing, building and analyzing load and performance testing in an enterprise environment utilizing HP Performance Center.
- Experience with HP TruClient.
- Experience with DynaTrace, BlueStripe and SiteScope
- Financial services experience highly desirable.
Knowledge of the following preferred:
- Understanding of network, database, and server operation as they relate to load testing.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to synthesize cross platform performance statistics and conduct capacity planning
- Familiar with high level design, operating characteristics and test points of multi-tiered, web-based application
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability and initiative to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written and listening communication skills
- Experience managing load/performance testing in an Agile environment.
- Service Oriented Architecture.
- Project management principles
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.