Job Description – Lead Appian Developer
As a Lead Developer based out of our client’s Tampa office, you will receive hands-on training in a modern Business Process Management (BPM) platform and will be working as part of the company’s agile development team that provides BPM consulting services to clients across the globe. You will be interacting with customers daily as part of their internal design and development team to help solve their challenging business problems, create innovative solutions, and implement innovative ideas to provide true value to the customer.
Role and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Technical Delivery Manager, the responsibilities of a Lead Developer include:
- Requirement gathering and analysis.
- Design and develop technical solutions on the Appian BPM Suite based on the requirements gathered.
- Design integration requirements with other third-party platforms.
- Designing data models.
- Defining architectural & development standards for the project in adherence to Appian and client’s best practices.
- Preparing high level technical specifications for the solutions.
- Performing frequent code reviews & ensuring quality of the overall delivery.
- Interacting with customers daily and be the main point of contact for customer
- Presenting demos to the customers.
- Running all major sprint ceremonies.
- Planning on project releases
- Lead User Acceptance Testing with business users, BA
- Able to do the Appian application deployments
- Enabling the development team to go to the next level.
- Oversee infrastructure set up in case of On-Premises projects.
- Working with offshore team during the development phase
- Degree in Computer Science, MIS, IT or other related fields.
- 4-5 years of experience in development of enterprise-level web applications using an object-oriented technology stack.
- College degree required.
- 2+ years of experience in designing BPM applications.
Core Competency Requirements:
- At least 1-2 years of experience in leading a team of developers.
- 2 years+ with experience in Appian.
- Experience in developing on J2EE platforms, .Net platforms, RDBMS platforms (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server) Good logical and analytical reasoning ability.
- Good team player.
- Fluent English communication and social skills to interact with a global customer base.
- Flexibility to travel.
Preferred Competency Requirements:
- Working knowledge of Networks and OS platforms (Windows, Linux).
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Appian Level 2 Credential.